Do you love flowers? Well, you are very lucky that you are studying in the Netherlands this year. Because once every 10 years, the Netherlands hosts Floriade, an international flower exhibition. The city of Venlo will turn 163 acres into a flower park. According to CNN it is one of the world’s top destinations to visit in 2012: "This is a once in a decade flower show so it's even more spectacular then Keukenhof, and Keukenhof is already amazing". Check out www.floriade.com for more information on the park.
Unfortunately if you would like to visit the floriade on your own it would cost you around €55,00. That is why IxESN will give you the chance to go there for only €20,00. For non members are the costs €23,00.
We made some changes for this excursion, read them carefully!
• Subscribing is only possible for students that are enrolled in Wageningen University.
• Subscribing for members is possible from Monday 2nd April. The office will open at 9:00.
• The first two days subscription is only open for IxESN members.
• Please show your IxESN member-card and WUR-card
• It is not possible to become a new member on April 2 and 3.
• From Wednesday 4th April it is possible for non-members to subscribe.
• The first bus has 88 spots available. There are possibilities to arrange another bus, in case more people want to join. The ticket price for the extra might be slightly higher.
• In case there are more busses you will be appointed to one. It is not possible to change bus.
• Make sure you are on time. The bus won’t wait for more than a few minutes.
• You will receive a ticket from IxESN after subscribing. Please bring this ticket with you on May 12th. This is not a ticket to enter the park.
• It is possible to give your ticket to somebody else. If you do so let the IxESN board know as soon as possible. You are not allowed to sell the ticket for a higher price.
• Withdrawing from the excursion after payment is only possible if we are sure that we can find a replacement for you.
• It is not possible to get a refund for your ticket if you are too late for departure.
• If you decided not to join – at the last moment – you are obliged to inform the IxESN board about this. Contact numbers will be made available in the program for the excursion. You will receive the program in the week of the excursion.
'Goodbyes, they often come in waves..'
This year we had the luck to meet so many unique, crazy, lovely, fun, amazing people from all over the world.
Unfortunately this year is coming to an end and a lot of our friends have to go back home.
To celebrate all the new friendships that have been made, the new insights these friendships gave us and mainly for the fun we had together we would like to invite you all for a goodbye barbecue at the barbecue spot at Haarweg 333!
We will make sure there will be enough barbecues for everyone.
Bring your own drinks, food, tissues for the goodbye tears, your photo camera and a lot of smiles to make this evening an unforgettable one!
Extra: We will be selling Dutch flags (4,00euro each)